When a company is said to be ISO 9001 / 14001 / ISO 45001 / ISO 27001 certified, it means that the company has passed a physical certification audit which ensures the quality, environmental, health & safety and information security management of that business.
The benefits of accreditation
Company accreditations can open a whole host of doors that would otherwise be closed. With ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 being revered globally, it is no surprise that so many larger organisations ask it of their supply chain partners. The Health & Safety standard, ISO 45001, is a must for any company wanting to get on the subcontractor list of most large energy companies. And ISO 27001 - the information security standard - is becoming a must-have in many areas where important data is processed.
That's why we offer consultancy services for the following:
Because of our knowledge, skills and experience, we can guide you and shorten the whole process, and make your management systems work more effectively and efficiently. We'll save you time and money and make sure you avoid the most common mistakes. We’ll also make sure you get a system that suits you, not just impose something on you ‘to get ISO certified’.
Business process mapping
As part of our ISO services - or independently if you prefer - will see us undertake a Process Mapping of your organisation. This can help you tackle a number of threats or take advantage of a number of opportunities for your business. Some threats, issues or problems which you face could be:
- No single employee has a clear understanding of all related business processes;
- Your current systems are not effective enough: you need to be clear on the issues that are process-related versus systems-related.
- Processes used within your departments (e.g. administration, compliance, operations) may impact the processes associated with other departments, thus these processes need to be documented and understood by all;
- Current processes have evolved and been modified from within individual departments and teams, resulting in inconsistencies and data integrity issues;
- Lack of process documentation results in lower efficiency and productivity;
- Risks associated with not mapping these processes include automating current processes that may not be able to support increased growth / volume.
The opportunities Business Process Mapping presents
The opportunities which you would be able to realise from Business Process Mapping are: